Python Course Lead & Coach for B2B (flexible, part-time) (f/m/other) – remote/Basel
We’re looking for a coder with Python knowledge to help us create, co-lead and execute our Python course with a high-tier Pharma client (and other B2B clients)
- Are you looking for a flexible part-time engagement?
- Do you know your way around Python?
- Do you enjoy presenting and explaining stuff to others?
- Are you driven and like to bring in your own ideas?
- Do you want to work with scientists/academics/experts of different industries (our B2B clients)?
- Then join us as a & become part of a rapidly growing female-friendly coding community.
About Code Excursion
We are an educational/community-building startup of driven women & men (with tech and non-tech backgrounds) founded in 2018 with the goal to bring more women into tech.
We organize awesome tech + coding classes + workshops for B2C + B2B. In B2C, our target group are women. In B2B, we enable all corporate non-techies to acquire the skills of the future via exclusive courses sponsored by their employer.
In multiple Swiss cities, we have helped 100+ women take their first steps in coding, and we have brought Digital Literacy to employees in renowned corporations.
About our Python course
For (and working with) a client in the Pharma industry, we’re currently developing a tailor-made Python course, consisting of a kick-off workshop (1 day) and a continuing follow-up Python course (ca. 3 months, part-time)
In the workshop (½ day), the participants ( 20-25 employees of the client) without prior coding experience grasp key terms of tech. Then, they learn how to code in just a couple of hours – and see: it is doable (and fun)!
In the follow-up Python course (several weeks, part-time), key people within our client gain knowledge in Python to make their work more efficient.
- Workshop coaching: Lead our live coding event and help participants with any questions
- Python course teaching: Co-coach our 3-monthly Python course for corporate clients (e.g. work with client-specific examples) (in Q2-3, then again later in 2022+)
- Adapt the existing course material to the client’s use cases (pharma research; for future clients also: lawyer work, etc.)
- Further develop our material – bring in your ideas + personal touch!
- Further progress Code Excursion’s B2B strategy (optional)
- Help to acquire new clients from our/your network (optional)
Your Must Haves
- You are studying or have studied IT or sth related and/or know your way around technology
- You know Python (intermediate level+)
- You like to present a topic with enthusiasm
- Good English skills (no problem if you have an accent :))
- You are driven, social, and have a can-do mentality
Your Nice to Haves
- Experience in presenting and teaching (even if informal)
- Creativity and enthusiasm to further develop our training material
- A network in some industries (for client acquisition) and a network in the tech industry
- Good knowledge of German
Code Excursion is an ambitious initiative of a team of passionate women. We work together democratically, meaning everyone has their authority and responsibilities… There are no bosses. At Code Excursion, you assume responsibility and lead your own initiatives.
You are not just a small wheel in a big machine; you are an important and highly valued individual.
- nice income on the side
- very flexible schedule (we always respect your personal agenda)
- awesome possibility to tie valuable contacts to industry clients
- cool, friendly team spirit
- opportunity to assume more roles and responsibilities within Code Excursion, if you want to
The course will run over 3 months. We actively teach the students (scientists employed at the client) for 2 hours per week. Plus your individual prep time. After the course, there is a possibility to stay on board with us and roll out the offering to new clients.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us!